Your roof protects your home and shields it from exposure to the elements. Many homeowners forget that they need to maintain every part of their home to ensure their safety and reduce the risk of incidents that could lead to extensive damage. You do not want to wait until water is leaking into your home before getting your roof repaired or replaced. That’s why it’s important to be able to identify signs that your roof needs storm damage repair from a roofing company.
Here are some warning signs to be on the look out for that indicate your roof is in need of storm damage repair.
- Pieces of roofing in your downspouts or gutters
- Being able to see daylight through the roof boards in the attic
- Drips and leaks into your home when it is raining
- Shingles that are buckling or curling up on the corners
- Unexplained pools of water in your home, which could indicate a slow leak
- Small or large pieces of roofing missing
If you have any concerns about your roof, you should have it evaluated by a roofing company right away, so you don’t risk causing additional damage to your home. We can give you our recommendations and suggest the best course for action. Then you can make educated decisions about how to best care for your home. Getting storm damage repair from a roofing company as soon as there is a problem will keep you from experiencing more issues the next time it rains or storms. It will also help you feel confident that you’re adequately protecting your home.