Are you in need of roof replacement and installation? How about a roof repair? At Peak Performance Roofing & Exteriors, we know choosing someone to handle such a big job is a big decision. Here are 7 tips to help you choose the roofing company that is right for you.
- Local referrals and testimonials- Do your research. Ask your friends, neighbors, and family members if they have used a roofing company recently. Ask for their experience, both positive and negative. Look up online reviews of local companies. Hearing what previous customers have to say is usually a big test of a company’s character.
- Make sure they are insured- While interviewing potential contractors, be sure to ask if their business is insured and possesses workers’ compensation. The last thing you want is your roofer getting hurt and coming after you for compensation.
- Get a quote, and then get a contract- The last thing you want after receiving a roof repair is a bill for higher than you were expecting. A trustworthy roofing company will always give you pricing details before you decide to carry out the roofing project.
- Ensure they carry a warranty- The roofing company should always carry a warranty on their workmanship, while the manufacturer of the materials should carry a warranty on their products. Never choose a company that does not have a warranty.
- Avoid “storm chasers”- “Storm chasers” claim to have “been in the neighborhood” and just happened to notice that you need work done on your roof. Typically these roofers are just canvassing and selling and don’t have their customers’ best interest in mind. You will also probably not be able to contact them or get them to come back if there is a problem that needs to be fixed after the work is done.
- Communication is key- Is the roofing company returning your calls? Are they directly answering your questions? Communication is key to recognizing a well-established company. If they can’t answer a few questions or phone calls, how will your roof turn out?
- Pricing isn’t everything- You get what you pay for. Cheaper bids may be nice on the wallet, but will they last? How is the craftsmanship?
At Peak Performance Roofing & Exteriors, we strive to be honest, upfront and well qualified. We want to earn your business the right way. We want to be your go-to roofing company.